If you want to be informed of significant updates to the site's content, subscribe to the email newsletter: sendfox.com/guidescape.
- Implemented TermsFeed's Privacy Consent Service to be compliant
with multiple new privacy laws:
- Ensured Google Analytics and AdSense are blocked on page load, and only run after a user interacts with cookie consent banner.
- Enabled consent logging to be compliant with GDPR.
- Added a "Privacy Preferences" button in the website's footer.
Added a second button next to it that does the same thing, but is titled "Do Not Sell My Personal Information," as CCPA compliance requires a button with that specific name.
- Discovered Google Analytics and AdSense are blocked.
- Discovered Cloudflare app "Cookie Consent" stopped working:
- The cookie consent banner no longer shows up.
- Broken cookie consent logic is what blocked Google Analytics and AdSense script logic from running.
- Saw a forum post mentioning multiple Cloudflare apps stopped functioning. Will look for a replacement.
- Added link to newsletter to home and updates pages.
- Applied for Google AdSense, waiting on approval.
- Added scripts to enable Google Analytics and AdSense.
- Going live on guidescape.com
- Updated Typesense to 0.24.0
- Updated Docusaurus to 2.4.0
- Verfied Cloudflare app "Cookie Consent" works.
- Updated DNS and other prep work.
- Finished accuracy, grammar, spell check, and manual QA of the initial 5
pages of content:
- Financial Fundamentals
- Financial Mistakes to Avoid
- Investment Accounts
- Investment Advice
- Financial Tips and Tricks
- Added Google AdSense Ads to legal docs.
- Legal counsel finished reviewing and gave a thumbs up about the accuracy of various legal docs.